1. According to the Catholic Church, there are three theological virtues. Which of these is NOT one of them?
Theological virtues are those virtues infused by God and related to salvation, where God is the goal.
Faith is defined as the virtue of believing the things revealed by God to be true, under His guidance and inspiration. Hope is also a divinely infused virtue by which, with confidence, we expect the divine assistance, eternal happiness and the means to attain it. Charity refers to the loving relationship with God and our fellow human beings.
2. Who succeeded Pope John Paul II?
Pope John XXIII
Pope Benedict XVI
Pope Paul VI
Pope Pius XII
Answer: Pope Benedict XVI
Pope Benedict was born Joseph Ratzinger. He succeeded Pope John Paul II as the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
3. According to the Catholic Church, which of these is NOT a Fruit of the Holy Spirit?
According to the Catholic Church the twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit are: charity, joy, peace, patience, benignity, goodness, long-suffering, mildness, faith, modesty, continency, and chastity. Fortitude is a moral virtue.
4. What is the 6th Station of the Way of the Cross?
Jesus meets his afflicted mother
Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
Jesus us stripped of His clothes
Jesus speaks to the women
Answer: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
These are the order of the Stations of the Cross:
1. Jesus is condemned to death
2. Jesus takes His cross
3. Jesus falls the first time
4. Jesus meets His mother
5. Simon helps Jesus carry the cross
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
7. Jesus falls the second time
8. Jesus speaks to the women
9. Jesus falls a third time
10. Jesus is stripped of His clothes
11. Jesus is nailed to the cross
12. Jesus dies on the cross
13. Jesus is taken down from the cross
14. Jesus is placed in the tomb
5. The outer garment worn by the priest celebrating Mass.
The Chasuble looks like a poncho, and comes in different colors that correspond to Holy Days or liturgical seasons.
6. According to Catholic tradition, who founded the Catholic Church?
John the Baptist
Answer: Jesus Christ
Prior to his death and ascension Jesus dictated to his apostles to spread his teachings (Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20). This is how the Church believes it began. All other Christian groups grew out of this original Church.